Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Design Problems

One of the worst things about an indie game developer is design. Even when it´s an important part in a game, the developer capabilities reach its minimum preparing this stage of a game. The brain get cold when you have to design a presentation screen or an asteroid object and after some tries you just select the last one. Colors, textures, forms, fonts, ... Even when game concept is clear, little details produce more headaches than expected. In The Cave you play inside a semi-transparent asteroid so you see through it the infinite space. That was clear but the problem came with asteroid design. Should it be part of the big container? should it be just balls? After some design concepts the thing is not clear and will surely change after I found something beautiful. Another problem was the font used to show text in game. I want it to be something modern and space related but the fonts I found were ugly and I didn´t get comfortable with it. At the end, as I wrote before, I´ll probably use the last one and after the launch I´ll give game design and impulse and change it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment